HIPPOTHERAPY - Specialised VET training on Hippotherapy for professionals working with children with intellectual, emotional, physical and psychomotor disabilities
Funded by: Erasmus+ Programme of the EU Commission
Measure: Strategic Partnership for Development of Innovation in VET Education
Start date: 01 November 2019
Duration: 24 months
- P1: Gazi University (Coordinator)
- P2: EcologyKM Ltd.
- P3: Asociatia de Terapii Suportive Hipoterapi
- P4: Spastic Children's Foundation of Turkey
- P5: Pony Binicilik Hayvancilik Gida Ticaret Ltd.Sti
Aims and objectives
Our project aims to warrant training the professionals to become a Hippotherapist and will allow this treatment to be available all over the country for this group with disadvantage. Since the regular Hippotherapy training needs to have generalized and standardized program, only certified therapists can apply.
As a result of this project the hippo therapist will be implemented in: Turkey (foremost), Romania, Bulgaria.
An ECVET compliant training will be developed, which will consist of theoretical and practical training, which is not established in these countries yet.
Sharing the experience about the good practices in other EU countries such as Romania and establish trainings to become a hippo therapist in Turkey as well as Bulgaria is the main goal of this project. This will also lead to the preparation of the legislation by the related ministries for this new profession.
- Registered physical or occupational therapist, and therapist assistants with at least minimum of basic horse experience in equine handling and care
- Adaptive riding instructors, horse handlers, administrators, and others interested in hippotherapy principles with at least minimum of basic horse experience in equine handling and care
- Speech language pathologist or a physician with at least minimum of basic horse experience in equine handling and care
- Graduate occupational, speech, and physical therapists in their last semester of graduate school with at least minimum of basic horse experience in equine handling and care
- HIPPOTHERAPY curriculum and training modules
- Mobile training and assessment application
- Repository of training videos